When To Talk To A LenderFebruary 27, 2023
Your PCS Guide to Alaska, The Last FrontierMarch 1, 2023
A fun Mardi Gras King Cake Recipe below! This includes your key ingredients, instructions, and even some fun facts about the King Cake!
- Grands Deluxe Cinnamon rolls
- Colored sugar (green, purple and yellow)
- Plastic babies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Separate all cinnamon rolls from tube. Unroll the cinnamon roll and fold it in half vertically.
- Holding both ends of the unrolled cinnamon roll, twist the roll (tighter will leave the roll skinny, loose will leave it more puffy)
- Form the cinnamon roll twist into a circle and pinch ends together so they bake into each other.
- Bake the rolls for 15-20 mins (until the tops are golden)
- Pick one mini cake and turn it over (while still warm). Hide the baby figurine in one of the puff rolls.
- Spoon icing over each mini cake and finish with colored sprinkles
Fun Facts about the King Cake
- The 3 Mardi Gras colors are gold, green and purple. Gold meaning power/wealth, green meaning faith and purple meaning justice.
- Whoever finds the baby in the cake is said to have good luck for the rest of the year or will have to make the King cake for the following year!
- The King cake is the shape of a circle to symbolize a King’s crown.
- In France, the King cake is served with a paper crown to wear